Sunday 8 January 2012

I Dream

Well hello 2012!!!!! Yes indeed, my first post of the year sadly inspired by a broken heart! I  don't know if it's just me but I seem to be inspired to write more when pain is in the midst. It could be because I write in hope that my words can be a start in a process of mending a broken heart. There are two quotes that I have to come to appreciate over time, "if it was not this, it would have been something else"-Unknown, and "Experiences of failure may not be forgotten but should never be repeated"-Ethel Manyaka.
I wrote this "poem" when a friend of mine was drowning in her tears because her heart had just been broken(quite glad that was not a literal scene imagine the mess she would have caused lol), but yes she was miserable and all I could think about was how in a few months time she would have forgotten about this ordeal and how I can make her see this without giving her a lecture about life(Yes I'm trained for such :p, I've attained much experience in the matter #asyouwere lol)...

I dream of a better tomorrow
Where the pain of yesterday is not forgotten
But it hurts no more
I dream of a better understanding
Of how situations such as this
Can be the epic turn in my life
I dream of a better hope
In life where I fear no more
For will have a mended heart
I dream of a better love
Where I understand its meaning
And I want to share it and not expect a thing in return
I dream of a better me
Driven and passionate
But not oblivious to my hardships
I dream of a better history
Filled with memories of joy
And of overcoming trials and tribulations that were encounted
I dream of a better maturity
Because growth is inevitable
But my minds understanding is not guaranteed
I dream of a story to tell
That will make the dreams of others better
I DREAM!!!

Poetry Princess

2 comments:

  1. I dream that your dream become a magnificent reality, for those of us who have no words to put to our thoughts your poem covers some untouched aspects of one's thinking, it is so simple yet so profound.. Thank you Poetry Princess :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tabs :) I only sought to bring such responses from the people who take time to read this gibberish lol only joking I love my writing. HUMBLED!!!!!

    ReplyDelete