Saturday 24 November 2012

Tribute to one of the favourites

So I've been thinking(yes I do that at times lol) and I realized that my blog is missing something... I mean if I'm going to continue on this poetry thing(yes I've accepted the poetry connotation, peer pressure) I can't do it without recognising some great work from the  past that have struck a chord in my, hmm wow I'm literally speecheless haha, I can't think of a word that can better go with that metaphor but I'm pretty sure you guys catch my drift hehe. Shakespeare you beauty you! Now I'm not going to lie to you and say that he is the reason I began writing, because honestly I just did an emergency landing on my note pad, had no  idea where I was heading with this or where it came from. Anyway the topic at hand Sonnet 116,  anyone who did this poem in highschool has to remember how great it is. I love the discourse(I'm a sucker for words), the message behind it, and the fact that it is short and to the point. If you have never come across it before this, you can think me later for this post hehe. Enjoy...

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
   If this be error and upon me proved,
   I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

 William Shakespeare

4 comments:

  1. beautiful blog. i always enjoy your writings. keep up the good work.
    http://clothes-lovers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for always popping in. I really appreciate it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! Shakespeare was a genius! Thanks for the visit ;)

    ReplyDelete