Monday 5 September 2011

Mind over jogging

As per usual(a new habit) I took my evening jog and man was it tiring, anyway after that jog, I get back to my place and do a few stretches coupled with some strength exercises, then I have a moment of what I'd like to call "mind over jogging". I just close my eyes and for that single moment I embrace solitude. I feel like we should all have that moment every once in a while, take a moment to just reflect on your day and yes take a breather after that heart felt jog lol.

Things just seem to make sense when you just by yourself and think about how your day went, what you didn't like about the day and how you just plan on making tomorrow a better day. During one of my vacation work experiences, one of the speakers during the final project presentations had an interesting take on how to tackle individual growth. He (I forgot his name so you guys will have to excuse me for that) said, every month, take your journal and start writing a letter addressed to yourself, and in that letter look back on how your month went and reflect on issues that affected you.
Admit to your mistakes, e.g Fifi I know you failed that horrid test( I know I had to be a nerd about this but it's the only example I could think of , leave me alone) but it is not the end of the world and this is how you can better tackle it in this month to follow, just a basic run through all the rocks you have stumbled over and how you plan on fixing them and not forgetting the great things that made your month. He said that this sort of reflection helps you not to repeat the same mistakes and they just a building block to a better you.

Anyway my point in telling you about this guy is to explain my "mind over jogging" moment, instead of writing every month to myself, I lie on my back after the jog and I write on my mental journal, try it it could help you look at things differently or you could pass out from being tired lol... Much love peeps<3

No comments:

Post a Comment