Sunday 18 September 2011

Patience

So there is no history behind this next note apart from me being bored at hostel and having my pencil nearby.


My patience is not that I am
Calm and willing to wait
But because I am content with what have
I seek not to fit in
But only to be a part of my personal growth
Change me not from the way I look on the outside
But in the inside and fill me with humbleness
Let me not be led by confusion and lies
But by a true understanding of my situation
My aim is not to hurt those dear to me
But to keep the golden thread of those around me
As firm as possible
Let not salt water flood the land because of sadness
But because the rhythm of my heart
Beats with contentment and joy
Let my words touch not only broken hearts
But also creative intellectuals
Who will share in the understanding of Poetry
So I write again
My patience is not that I am
Calm and willing to wait
But because endure in allowing
My flow of words flow into producing
What some consider "low quality register"
'WOW'!

Poetry Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment