Sunday 16 October 2011

Letter to the dead!

We all at some point in our lives lose someone dear to us or know of someone who has lost that special someone. Often you hear people say, "life is not fair" and  always wonder to myself if these people have been promised a fair life? Anyway I'm not here to preach today, I just want to share a piece that I wrote when I was missing her, also a piece from back in high school, like I said I'm starting with all my archives so be patient.

Feels like tomorrow
When I'm going to shed again
Tears of the forgotten today
Unable to forget the pain
No better way to put how missed she is
Feels like  life ripped untimely
Conversations sometimes exclude me
As I am unable to comment on what I do not have
Trying so hard to fill the void in my heart
But still not content
For no one compares
I lost a part of my future
I am left with untold promises
But then I have to accept
That life is not always as one would expect it to be
Not everyone is guaranteed a front seat in my life
And maybe the most valuable treasure of mine
Was not even mine to keep after all
Can't change the fact that
I love her,  loved her and will always love her...

Refiloe

No comments:

Post a Comment