Sunday 6 November 2011

Can I start over?

This next poem(I think I have a problem with calling my writings "poems" hey, I don't know what it is but I'm not particularly in favour of calling it that, I would much rather call it thoughts, or maybe pieces of writing as you might have seen with my previous posts, but everyone seems to call it poetry so yes I am being a follower, I have no back bone so sue, actually bite me lol), what a long parenthesis, anyway this 'poem' was one of my personal favourites, I don't  know why actually, it just spoke to me I guess, but I as go through it now, I'm not particularly fond of it, it comes across as though one has gone through their life with regret and obviously that is not the case, but nonetheless it is still a beautiful piece, not to blow my own horn or anything.

Can I take it from the beginning?
Can I talk with no sense
Can I laugh for no reason
Can I cry for attention
Can crawl instead
Please, may I start over again?
Can I not think for once?
Can I go out to play
Can I have that first day at school again
Will it do me any good if I redo all of this?
Can I write with no meaning
Can I sing with 'made-up' lyrics of a song I like
Can I watch in awe the simple things of life
Can I not meet them
Can I not lose her when I need her the most in my life
Can I write with no experience
Can I hurt no more
Can I not shed a tear of pain
Can I not be disturbed
Can I make them understand
Is it a bad idea to want to go back and change it all?


Poetry Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment