Sunday 6 November 2011

Never Knew

When one gets to university one realises that most of the tales that are told about "varsity" are not so far-fetched as one might have thought. The streets  are alive at night, the quiet indoor girl is suddenly miss popularity, the education is as tough as ever, and your highschool friends have gone their separate ways so making friends is one more thing to add on your to do list but one thing still remains unchanged and that is my love for writing... This next flow of thoughts is not exactly my first piece in 'varsity' but it's the one that I thought I should share first. As cliche as it sounds unversity is a place where one discovers who their real friends and sometimes lovers are hehe, but most importantly you get to discover yourself. Not to say  that those that haven't discovered themselves yet are  slow or anything lol. ok enough of the random speech...

Never knew I could strike in a similar manner
Words so hurtful, enough to paint  on a banner
Never knew I could burn out witth such ease
When it all seemed like such a breeze
Never knew I could surrender to their criticism
Because I had a good thing going
Never knew I had so much unresolved issues
Until I broke down in my box of tissues
Never knew the kind of friends I had
Till they showed me how easy it was to break the bond
Never knew how much of a story I had to tell
Until I was asked to do so
Never knew I had no one to rely on
But me, myself and my notepad
Never knew I could write so much sadness
Only to have people couple it with poetry
I guess I just never knew that I don't know anything at this point!


Poetry Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment